“Post Horn Magazine nr. 2” is here – Spring-Summer Editon 2020
Post Horn Magazine of International Postal History celebrates its first birthday!
After the 00 test issue presented at Milanofil 2019 and shortly after – officially – at Stockholmia (May 2019), Executive Editor Publisher Claudio Ernesto Manzati was given the privilege of launching the 01 issue at Montecarlo during the AEP (Académie Européenne de Philatélie www.aephil.com) general meeting as part of the program organised by AIJP, l’Association Internationale des Journalistes Philatéliques.
The Spring-Summer edition of Post Horn Magazine (issue 02) features a selection of interesting articles written by internationally acclaimed authors and collectors who present them with a wealth of often-times previously unpublished information and eye-catching illustrations. Graphic designer Elisa Volpato email@example.com contributes the ‘magic touch’ of a pleasant lay-out and strategic placement of text and illustrations.
Following is the content of issue 02:
• Editorial by Giorgio Migliavacca
• Haiti, stories of an Italian missionary and a Scottish merchant – Federico Borromeo d’Adda
• June 24, 1859 The battle of Solferino and San Martino – Piero Bartoloni & Rocco Cassandri
• The “Gronchi rosa” and the Amazonian triangle – Roberto Quondamatteo
• Iran Soviet Socialist Republic 1920 – 1921 and the Treaty of Turkmenchai 1828 Mirza Kuckek Khan and the Jungalists. The Gilan Revolution. Bjorn Sohrne & Giorgio Migliavacca
• Was the Free Territory of Trieste really free? Postal history helps to understand the importance of peace in the world. – Thomas Mathà
• Dumont d’Urville Helps Reveal Antarctica – Serge Kahn
• Travel from Trieste to Bombay via Alessandria and Suez – Lorenzo Carra
• “LA BOLGETTA – MAIL BAG” –Anthony Virvidis
We would like to point out that Post Horn Magazine is sent at no cost to all the members of CIFO (Italian Collectors of Definitive Stamps); membership applications can be easily filled and sent at the following link (in Italian):
alternatively to this link in English: https://www.posthornmagazine.com/subscriptions/
A limited number of Back- issues 00 and 01 are available.
Claudio Ernesto Manzati
PS: the image on the cover of issue 002 is from an early 1900s print from the Thomas Mathà collection